Sunday, December 1, 2013

Coming Attractions: December

{Partaking in a Tacoma tradition over Thanksgiving Break with Point Defiance Zoo's "Zoolights"; Attending a campus club's event with some girls from my sorority; Scanning over the first signs of holiday season at our house} 

It's almost Winter, so it's understandable that sometimes, you get sick. Sometimes, you get a little tickle in your throat, or a sniffle of a cold; that's totally fine. What is NOT fine is a hacking cough that interrupts all semblance of normal sleeping patterns, and ends up racking your body with spasms so frequently that you pop the cartilage running along the bottom of your ribs, so now not only do you feel constantly choked, but you can barely sneeze without feeling like you've been shot. Bonus points if you can also drop a fully-loaded 32 oz. water bottle on your foot, and put two toes completely out of commission as well. 

Oh, and did I mention we're now entering Dead Week, and Finals start directly after that

And yet, I'm feeling okay with (most of) life. Primarily, the life that involves silver bells, green trees, warm hot chocolate, swirling candy canes, and the dulcet tones of Micheal Buble. That's right, folks, it's Christmastime once again, and while I suck down Twinings tea and Halls Triple Soothing Action drops, and bury my nose deep, deep in my study files, I'm jingling these bells like you've never seen before. So, with a ho-ho-ho and a rousing chorus of "Frosty the Snowman," here's what I'm decking the blog with this holiday season: 

  • My two last-ever College Fashion "Looks from Books" articles (the first of which is coming up this Wednesday!), and a Rundown Runway of my top five fave looks from all of the books I've discussed on the series! 
  • Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Literary Pandering: Who is the real target consumer in the recent pushes for modern book adaptations of classic works, and how is this practice of Frankenstein-ing favorite novels going to affect our cultural regard for age-old art? Discussion! 
  • Tales Told Around the Fire: Detailing some of my favorite-ever books to read over Winter Break
  • As well as plenty of Top Ten Tuesdays, news from Book-World, and hot new reviews, one of which has been languishing on my to-do list since its ending left me emotionally crippled. Can you guess which one it was? 
And if you don't think that's enough of a gift for y'all, have you checked out my brand-spankin'-new Review Library? Classy stuff, ladies and gents. It's almost enough to make me feel like I've got my life in order. Then, of course, my toes start throbbing, and I feel my ribs start poking a hole in my skin, and I've just got to accept that's not the case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment