Friday, January 31, 2014

Coming Attractions: February

{Super duper adorable calendar desktop wallpaper from Oh So Lovely

I'm sorry, but I seem to have misplaced my January somewhere... between winding down from Winter Break and starting off a new quarter at school, heading into new and challenging classes guns blazing, applying for (and being accepted into, eek!) the English Major Program, watching the Seahawks majorly kick some ass this season, and generally having a good time up here at UW, I think that it managed to slip away from me! 

But honestly, this month went by so quickly, I didn't even realize that I'm still sticking with my Blogging Resolutions for 2014 (go me!). I've been really great at posting this month, and I'm totally loving it. And you're going to be seeing way more of that from me in February as well, continuing to post as much as possible, getting my hands on as many books as possible, and generally trying to make this blog as busy as possible, primarily to distract myself from the fact that my schedule is already as full as possible. 

JANUARY HIGHLIGHTS


{Buying my Little her first ever copy of Harry Potter (I know, I couldn't believe it either!; Saying goodbye to my darling Big, who is now safely deposited in Manchester, England, for Study Abroad; Spending some quality time with one of my favorite people: my awesome sister, The Cheerleader!} 


these are a few of my favorite links...

  1. Buzzfeed's list of Twelve Historic Bars Every Book Nerd Needs to Visit. Well, I am turning 21 in October... 
  2. GReads!'s list of 20-Something Year Olds in Fiction. Why not read about someone your own age, instead of yet another 16-year-old saving the world? 
  3. It was the bookish engagement heard 'round the world, and it happened in my own  hometown! A Tacoma lady gets surprised by a Pride and Prejudice-themed engagement from her boyfriend (now fiance, duh). 
  4. Another Buzzfeed list of 23 Epic Literary Love Tattoos. (Don't tell my mom I'm linking to this...) 
  5. And this sweatshirt. And this sweatshirt. And this sweatshirt. 

quote of the month

{Print via Society 6}

What did you love about January? What are you most excited for in February?

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! It was so much fun to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on sticking to your resolutions! In my one year of blogging, January was my most slack year, but I'm hoping to get back into it in February. Enjoy your last year of being underage - bars become a bit less enjoyable when you can get in legally. :)

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete