Sunday, November 2, 2014

Coming Attractions: November

{This gorgeous geometric calendar from Oh So Lovely is brightening up my desktop this month!}

October was a heck of a month for getting back into the groove of things. But all to soon that month has come to an end... and now I'm staring down the barrel at the month of November!

November is going to be interesting. I'm taking on a couple of new challenges, the very least of which includes my new role as the Editor-in-Chief of the University of Washington Greek Voice, our Greek community publication, and the most of which is taking on the challenge of NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month! - for the first time since high school. On top of that I've got the second half of the Fall Quarter, Panhellenic elections, and more... which means that y'all are probably not going to be hearing much from me this month! 

No worries, that does NOT mean that I'm taking hiatus or giving up on the blog for November. It just means that the kinds of things I post are going to be changing in tone and content. Look forward to NaNoWriMo progress updates and descriptions, maybe a meme or two, and potentially even a review if I can squeeze in time to read. Regardless, big things are happening this month, and you'll be getting an insight into the craziness here! 

OCTOBER HIGHLIGHTS

{Children of the Corn (Maze); Soaking up some unseasonal sunshine on campus with commentary from L.M. Montgomery; Meeting my new GLittle in Sigma Kappa!}



  • My College Fashion posts from this month: Gone Girl and "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" 
  • My favorite review to write this month: Nightmares and Dreamscapes
  • Your favorite review to read this month: The Intern's Handbook


  • these are a few of my favorite links

    1. The Epic Reads team does it again with another impressive collection of YA novels; this time, with a chronological timeline of books set during time periods from the Iron Age to the Information Age. 

    2. If you're looking for a classic bit of sweetness to brighten up your Halloween candy hangover, here's an Anne of Green Gables themed wedding, courtesy of wedding photographer Jessica Zais and the Green Wedding Shoes blog! 

    3. We're in the thick of gloomy Seattle November, which has got me feeling wanderlust something fierce, especially once I looked at Buzzfeed's list of 44 Great American Bookstores Every Book Lover Should Visit (go, Elliott Bay Book Company in Seattle!). 

    4. If you're taking on the daring challenge of NaNoWriMo like me, then you're probably going to appreciate this post by Notebook Sisters, about how to write 10,000 words in one day! 

    5. And I don't usually link up to my Dad's blog terribly much - mainly because he writes about technology, which is a totally different audience than you guys - but he wrote the sweetest post about a plant in his office that's very special to the both of us, so I just had to share it! 


    quote of the month

    Amen.
    {I've got a lot on my plate. It's going to be important to me this month to make sure I'm managing my time to its maximum possible potential, and that includes saying 'no' to things I can't handle, as well as cutting out things that take up too much of my time. This mug is a reminder that I am more than capable of taking on these new challenges, but only if I give myself a fighting chance!}

    No comments:

    Post a Comment