Monday, June 22, 2015

Summer 2015: What I'm Up To!

Every once in a while, it's easy to get wrapped up in all the news and demands of BookWorld, without taking the time to really appreciate what's going on in the RealWorld. So, just to give y'all a little insight into my daily doings, here's my plans for #Summer2K15! 

Itty bitty living space, but meh.
Harry Potter dealt with worse. 
Summer is here, and the time is right, for dancing in the streets! Or, reading books in the comfort of your new room. 

That's right: new digs. I've taken over my Big's room in Seattle, now that she's moved on to San Fran for an internship! My younger sister took a job in Yellowstone for the entire summer, so yes, I technically could have dealt my mother's heart a far worse blow than I did, but I'm a much higher percentage hermit crab than my sister, and this is a big deal for me.

I've also got both a job with UW's Student Calling program, as well as a social media internship with a Seattle bath and body startup company, named Tiviti. Beyond that, though, I'm still working with UW's Panhellenic Board, which means gearing up for the 2015 Formal Fall Recruitment season! It's going to be a busy next couple of weeks... just the way I love it. 

I'm also reading a ton of books, duh. I'm still behind on my 2015 Goodreads Challenge... but not for long! Like I mentioned in my Resolution Check-In, I'm trying to work more classics into my reader diet, but I'll still make plenty of room for the rest of my favorite genres, too. I've averaged about 25 titles within the past couple of years for summer, and I'm trying to step up my game, so buckle up for some quality content in the next couple of months. 

Selfie at the Gum Wall during Finals!
(Big that I was with, not pictured.)
#MissYouSara
And I'm trying to be more adventurous, and independent. That basically translates into trying at least a few new things a week! (Like, this week, it was riding in an Uber, and going to the gym, both by myself! I know, I know... baby steps). Some of the things I'm really looking forward to, are exploring Seattle more, partaking in some of the local summer festivities, and just making new opportunities for myself to feel comfortable and at home in my environment. 

Finally, I'm trying to edit my book. That's right, remember that novel I wrote for NaNoWriMo this past November? (No? Read my progress here --> here --> here!). I'm taking the first looks at it I've had since then... and who knows what'll happen after that, but at the very least, I'm hoping to have a semi-finished novel on my hands by the time September rolls around! 

Well, that's what I'm up to, for now. Sorry for the lack of review posts recently, but don't worry... we've got one coming up tomorrow morning! 

What have you been up to, so far this summer? Got any big plans, or adventures in store? Let me know, in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment