Saturday, December 26, 2015

My Bookish Christmas Haul!

I hope you all had an amazing winter season, and were able to spend a lot of time with your friends and family in the past couple of days, as well!

I'm currently on vacation with my family in a gorgeous part of Washington State - we decided to escape the depression fallout from the big holiday being over by fleeing our house at 7am this morning - so while I'm here and taking tons of pictures to show you all, I wanted to check in with a bit of holiday wrap up of my own! Especially, of course, because I wanted to show off all of the pretty books - and one bookish DVD - I found under the Christmas tree with my name on them yesterday.

(And the best part is, quite a few of these titles were taken from my Top Ten Tuesday just this past week!)

  • Brooklyn, Colm Toibon
  • The Rest of Us Just Live Here, Patrick Ness
  • The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, Marie Kondo
  • Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking, Susan Cain
  • Why Not Me, Mindy Kaling
  • One Little Spark! Mickey's Ten Commandments and the Road to Imagineering, Marty Sklar (included in the same package as What Color is Your Parachute 2016... we all know I'll end up working for Disneyland someday!) 

And my sister, Delaney, ended up getting one gift that might as well be for her just as much as it is for me, too: a copy of Anna Karenina on DVD, starring Keira Knightley and Jude Law.

Of course, because giving is always better than receiving I have to bring up the bookish gifts I gave, as well: my sisters loved my picks for them, including Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's We Should All Be Feminists (Maddie read it on the ferry ride over to our vacation spot), and Delaney's currently engrossed in the new book from Freakonomics authors Steven B. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner, When to Rob a Bank!

So I guess this all means that the frenetic energy and constant events of the holiday season are wrapped up for good for this year. Hope you and yours are starting to feel a little rejuvenated after the stress of December, and that you're gearing up for a great 2016!


What new books did you receive for Christmas? More importantly, what books did you give? Let me know, in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment